Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stone of the Week: Hematite




Hematite is an excellent grounding stone and is a staple of any witch's collection.  It is a protective stone not only for the physical realm but the astral one as well.  Hematite cleans the aura of negative energies and is particularly useful in stressful and negative environments, especially those involving the legal field.  Those who use this stone find themselves strengthened as it enhances their self esteem, willpower and confidence levels.  Hematite can aid those seeking to overcome addictions or over-indulgences such as smoking or over-eating.  Hematite helps organize the mind and stimulates concentration and focus.  As such, it is a useful stone for any workplace. 
As a healing stone, Hematite is associated with the blood and can be beneficial to those suffering from blood-related conditions such as anemia.  It also aids the kidneys and tissues.  Hematite can be used to treat cramps, anxiety and insomnia.  An elixer can also be used for fevers. 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I should start wearing my hematite ring more often... The mommies here are full of negativity directed at me. Hmmm.

greekwitch said...

I have been overeating lately(the last couple of years!), i ll go and buy a bunch..
Blessings.

Brialee said...

Stopping by to thank you for joining my blog :) Blessed Samhain!

Rue said...

I love this stone, but tend to depend on it too much - which is probably why one of my pieces 'jumped' out of my pocket and broke the other day....hmmm...

Post a Comment