Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Shadowscapes Tarot

I have recently fallen in love with the Shadowscapes tarot.  For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, check out this link

The images are positively STUNNING and it is, by far, the most beautiful tarot deck that I have ever seen.  My favorite card is that of the Hermit:

The colors and the imagery in this deck are phenomenal and the artist has connected with the meaning behind the cards in a very special and unique way.  For example, the death card (which usually features a dark and sometimes fearsome scene) portrays a phoenix, showing that this card can be about a new beginning, or rejuvenation. 
The artist also sells prints from her website.  I am considering ordering a few but am having the worst time trying to decide which ones!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's art! It's so delicate, but detailed... I found her a couple of years ago in a D&D book!

These tarot's look wonderful! I would have a hard time deciding which ones to buy as well! ;-)

Unknown said...

My friend just got this deck, and I have to agree. This deck is absolutely gorgeous. :D

Unknown said...

My favorite deck! I'm doing a PDR over it this year and I'm really excited about it.

Rue said...

Loving this deck!

Post a Comment