Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nine Questions for the Kitchen Witch

This list of questions is borrowed from Witchin in the Kitchen, the answers are my own.

1. Does your magical name have anything to do with the kitchen, foods or herbs?

Nope

2. What do you think are the three most important tools for a kitchen witch?

An excellent (usually expensive) chef's knife, a cutting board and a well stocked spice collection.

3. What do you do to make the kitchen the center of the home? Is it decorated in any special way? Do you have a kitchen altar?

My apartment kitchen is rather small and so it is difficult to have a kitchen altar.  I do, however, have an aerogarden and thus a source of light, greenery and fresh herbs all year round.

4. Which kitchen deity/deities, if any, do you feel closest to? How do you honor him/her/them?

I work mainly with the Greek pantheon and am becoming closer and closer to Hestia as I get older and enter the more homemaking stage of my life.  

5. What is your signature dish? Does it have a magical purpose? You can share the recipe unless it’s a secret.

I usually serve guests pot roast or spaghetti.  Homemade spaghetti sauce has been a staple in my home since I was a little girl and always makes me feel warm and loved.  In fact, I am making it on Monday when Fiance returns from a few days at sea.

6. What are your favorite cookbooks? They can be magical or non-magical.

I love anything by Taste of Home, cookbooks, magazines, I tend to collect them all.  I also enjoy the emails and magazines from Kraft.  They have easy recipes with well-known ingredients that are great for someone who works long hours and much doesn't have time for  food prep during the week.

7. What is your favorite food?

Spaghetti.  I have the strongest cravings for pasta and any type of tomato based sauce.


8. What is your least favorite?

I despise canned peas.  My mother always served them growing up and I was under then impression that I hated peas until I was served frozen peas and then *gasp!* Fresh peas!  Now I love them, especially with mashed potatoes and gravy ...... mmmmmm.

9. Do you like to listen to the television or listen to music while you are in the kitchen? If so, what?

I listen to showtunes.  Fiance and I have completely opposite taste in music (he loves heavy metal - the heavier the better) so I take advantage of the time when I'm cooking and he isn't around to indulge in some show tunes. I was using AOL radio, but that is no longer available in Canada so I would LOVE LOVE LOVE IT if someone could recommend another option.

3 comments:

Sydnii said...

There's always pandora radio (pandora.com) or playlist.com if your computer is a laptop that can get internets in the kitchen

Zabet said...

Thanks but Pandora doesn't work in Canada and playlist.com isn't quite what I'm looking for. I loved AOLradio because they would play songs I had never heard before and then I would end up downloading the whole album and loving it.

Nar said...

Good answers! I love spaghetti to. It's actually my second favorite food, after tacos. In third place is pretty much anything Indian or Mexican. Thanks for filling out the questionnaire. I'm following your blog now too!

Post a Comment