Monday, May 24, 2010

Herb Garden Beginnings - the 2010 Edition

I finally got some time to plant my patio herb garden this morning.  I also got permission from my building manager to put pots on the ground next to my patio, so I am expanding this year.

Here are my Chives and Lavender from last year:

Doing quite well I think... Look at those buds! Can't wait for it to bloom!

Now for the Newbies:

Lemon Balm

Photobucket


Woolly Thyme

Photobucket


Anise

Photobucket


Rue

Photobucket


Apple Mint

Photobucket


Sage and Cascading Rosemary

Photobucket


And Dill and Angelica awaiting a new pot

Photobucket


Clearly Poseidon likes the smell of the Angelica...

I also have purple basil and Genovese basil. I will be keeping these inside the house until July as they die when I put them out early (every year!)

This is my first time with the rue, angelica, anise and woolly thyme so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

Sheesh. You put my three pot aerogarden to shame. I'm jealous!

Post a Comment