Saturday, July 10, 2010

How NOT to clean your crystals


There are several methods for cleansing stones.  However, some of those methods are not recommended for certain crystals.  I have been compiling a list.  Here is what I have so far:

Water
-Halite
-Selenite
-Angelite
-Galena

Sunlight
-Amethyst
-Rose Quartz

Burying in Salt
-Malachite
-Fresh Water Pearls
-Opal

Do you have any to add?

*Note: There are a number of methods for cleansing stones that not mentioned such as under moonlight, by placing on a crystal cluster or burying in soil.  But, as these are usually non-damaging methods (to my knowledge) I have not included them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Kyanite is probably on the list for not putting in water.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Lol! I had no idea! I've had an amethyst and a rose quartz in my window sill for ages! I've never noticed any changes, but now I wonder if I've managed to damage them.

Post a Comment