Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas Fever!




Hello, my name is PhoenixWitch and I am a Christmas-aholic.  I officially broke out the Christmas music today (I only waited this long in order to properly respect Remembrance Day).  As always, I started with the Kenny & Dolly Christmas album and spent my morning commute singing at the top of my lungs and marveling at how the cheery songs are able to instantly lift my mood.  I spent the rest of the day in an amazingly good mood and was even tempted into visiting Wal-Mart after work.  I am still holding off on putting up the Christmas tree, though I am not sure if I will be able to wait until the month is over.  I think part of my early celebration of the season stems from the fact that I live away from home and Christmas means going home for a couple of weeks.  So not only am I looking forward to the joy of the season and the extended break from teaching but I am also excited about seeing my family again for the first time since last year.

Am I alone in this? Has anyone else caught the Holiday Spirit already?

P.S Looks like I finally got my new background to work.  Look! Its snowing!!

2 comments:

DeinaM said...

Trying the comment thing again! ANYWAY, I had posted before that I'll get more in the Christmas spirit after Thanksgiving (forgot you were in Canada)but I've already snuck a listen to my favorite song, Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses.

In Oklahoma we have our own sign of the Christmas Season, the BC Clark jingle. I don't know of an Okie who doesn't get the Christmas tingles when they hear that the 1st time in the season.

Rue said...

Lol - the girls at the office have had Xmas music on this entire last week (we had our first snow.) Kenny and Dolly were there, as well as Dean Martin and the boys. I'm slowly getting there....

Post a Comment